• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best tire for the job.

snacob14

NAXJA Forum User
i know i know, but these are different tires

i live in the midwest and im' trying to decide what will be best for my slippery trails and everyday driving. trying to decide between mtr's and bfg m/t's and some knock off brand called mud dawgs. all mt's all 35 inches. let me know if you have any experience with the mud dawgs. thanks

MT/R's aren't fer mud.

BFG's - MTR's aren't that great in mud... My Dunlop Mud Rover's seem pretty decent, especially for the money, and the price...

If ya search I'm sure you'll come to a consensous...

Have you tried getting some MT/R's?? Around here there hard to find above 31's...

Will.

I run 33x10.50x15 BFG M/t KM and I love them. They are the best all around tire I have had. Flexible sidewalls, good traction, not too noisy on the street and I have talked to many people that have got 40-50k on out of theirs. I have yet to air them down off road and they still give me great traction. This was done at 30psi.

Word is that Goodyear is having mold issues with the MT/R and won't be producing them for 3 months. The Goodyear warehouse in SoCal has only two 33" MT/Rs in stock.

And BFGs are on national backorder (in the popular sizes).

But it's all hearsay.

get kumho mt's ive been running them for 10 k miles and no problems at all. Not bad in wet weather, great mud traction, great trail traction, and even in snow they seem to pull their own. Plus my 31x10.5x15 cost 85 bucks brand new so why even worry about a bfgay backorder.

Swamper Trxus Radials. Agressive enough to get you through most muddy situations we have here, they grab roots and ledges really well, and theyre a radial so you can balance them and drive on the highway everyday.

olivedrabcj7 said:
Swamper Trxus Radials. Agressive enough to get you through most muddy situations we have here, they grab roots and ledges really well, and theyre a radial so you can balance them and drive on the highway everyday.
X2.

I run the super swamper tsl radials. So far they have been great for me. They arent too loud on the road at all, with my music on i can not even hear them. They are radials so they do get better tread wear than the bias ply tires, but they are not the best on the street. i love them though, specially for mud....

Back