• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

keeping your bolts tight

rngrfrd2000

NAXJA Forum User
i am having a problem keeping the upper control arm bolts tight...axle and body side... i started with just plain nuts..then i ..then went to nylock...now i am trying some lock tight on them.
what is everyone else doing? if the lock tight doesnt work they are getting tack welded

Don't tack weld them.

Are you tightening them to the correct torque?

If you are and you can't keep them tight even with lock tight, go to the dealer and get new bolts and nuts.

HTH

The correct torque should hold them. If not, the bolts and nuts should be replaced. The problem with lock nuts is that they are an interference fit, so you don't get an accurate torque reading.

Personally, I use anti-sieze and have not had a problem. If you have a problem, I'd try blue Loc-Tite. The red is for bolts that you don't plan to remove -- ever. Blue is enough to prevent vibration loosening. If it won't do the job you have other problems.

I agree with replacing the nuts. The locking features of the nuts can wear out causing it to act like a normal nut thus loosening up on ya. A new lock nout should have no problem holding it's torque, but if you wanna be safe then add some locktight like the other have said.

Back