• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tapered reamer supplier

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
For any of you guys who are looking for a tapered reamer to do knuckles, I found a guy on ebay called Xkut. He has the reamers made custom for him. The tool was top notch and ran around $30, instead of the normal $60-$80. Having been a tool and die maker, I appreciate a good tool at a reasonable price. I have done about a dozen knuckles and the cutter is still as sharp as when I bought it.

old_man said:
For any of you guys who are looking for a tapered reamer to do knuckles, I found a guy on ebay called Xkut. He has the reamers made custom for him. The tool was top notch and ran around $30, instead of the normal $60-$80. Having been a tool and die maker, I appreciate a good tool at a reasonable price. I have done about a dozen knuckles and the cutter is still as sharp as when I bought it.

thanks - ill look into buying from him

old_man said:

Same one I have, very nice!

Any more info on this seller? I couldn't find him on EBAY.

Heres where I got mine from,and the replacement XJnation bought!
391_0TR-216-2.jpg

Question: are these reamers appropriate to modify pitman arm for Chevy TRE,s?

Now there is an understatement! Wow... from 30 to around 100 bucks! Yikes

So which one of these would you use for 1 ton TREs? http://www.goodson.com/
You do realize that this thread is 7 years old?

I would just drill out the knuckle and run a goferit insert.

Yeah... I realized I was digging up a dead thread. But you looked, right? :laugh3:
But really I have been searching for one of these that doesn't break the bank in an effort to get my CJ8 back on the road. After spending a bunch on steering "upgrades" via Partsmike but not getting it really "right"... I'm just trying to finish this.
And yeah... Inflation happens, got that. Only it gets called something else (or outright denied) by the current administration. Seems like everytime I reach in my pocket there are 10 other hands in there snatching at the money I earned! And while some of those are elected officials, many of those think they don't have to work and I will be happy to do it for them! Bah!

You bring back a dead thread to talk politics?

Actually no. But since there hasn't been a plethora of input on topic I was just replying to comments made to my post. Seems that is the polite thing to do...of course I could just find other threads and give the posters a hard time for no reason...:rolleyes:

Back