• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can some one help

blackdogxj

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 97 Xj 4.0 5spd...the problem: it will run till it gets warm then after that it will spit spudder and carry on...i replaced the TPS sensor (called that code) i replaced the Idle Air Control, and i replaced the cap rotor plugs and wires...when it will run after getting warm, u can hear the motor sucking in air then it just dies...now today after rechecking everything i went to start it and it wont even start, and it called code 23 (air temp sensor) could that be the problem?? any suggestions would be great.

thanks
Brad

When you replaced the IAC, did you clean the seat and the area around the plunger? Wifes 96 was acting up, the IAC plunger would stick when it was warm. I had to start it with about 1/3rd pedal and kind of coax it to life. It also threw a code, but I sure can´t remember which one.
Don´t know for sure, about your sensor problems. But have noticed a code, doesn´t necessarily mean the sensor is bad, it may be because it is reading out of specification, for various reasons.
Air temp. sensor is pretty easy to test with an ohm meter and a thermometer. I don´t have the table handy, for the 97.

Back