• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please Help QUICK!!!

brad31684

NAXJA Forum User
ok today i go and get in my 91 cherokee to go and run some errands, started right up then died. I started it again and it fired right up but has a really rough idle and is changing from 1000rpm to 250 all by itself. I tried to drive around the neighborhood but it has zero power when you hit the gas it dies and it is making a weird backfiring kind of sound while trying to accelerate. I have replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter about 6 months ago previous to that the jeep had been sitting in a parking lot for about 8 months until i bought it now it is driven all the time. I have no clue what else it could be please hlep i have to go to work tomorrow!!!

hey we need specs to help you out some....motor tranny etc....
Maier

haynes repair manny has a whole list of things it could be:
vaccume leaks, leaking egr, air filter clogged, fuel pump, fuel filter (id check on that first), leaking head gasket, worn timing chain, worn camshaft lobes, valves burnt, timing off, ignition sys not working, dirty clogger injercots (id check those 2nd)

xXJx said:
haynes repair manny has a whole list of things it could be:
vaccume leaks, leaking egr, air filter clogged, fuel pump, fuel filter (id check on that first), leaking head gasket, worn timing chain, worn camshaft lobes, valves burnt, timing off, ignition sys not working, dirty clogger injercots (id check those 2nd)

Haynes....good to put under a unbalanced table. with a fluctuating Idle...I'm going with the ONLY problem I've ever had with mine...TPS.

Back