• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RTV Rear Main??

bzdel2441

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I searched for this... I am doing my rear main right now.. I cant belive how easy it is... The lower upper was hard to get out but the oil soaked new one slid in so easy... Ok back to my question.. So say yes others say no do I put RTV on the rear main??

Thanks
Chris

i think of it like this it's a brand new seal why would it need rtv. i don't ever put rtv with a new seal it just doesn't make sense. just my .02

i just thought of somthing else to..the motor will not be started for say 2 weeks to a month...now wil the oil the I put on the seal dip off it by then?? Will I need to re-oil it later on before i start???? What if I completly overfill the motor with oil and let it soak into everything overnight and mabe even manually turn the crank to help lube it... The drain the oil all back out and refil to 6 qts...

Thanks
Chirs

Back