• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trans Coolant Lines

bzdel2441

NAXJA Forum User
Is the only place to get the trans coolant lines from the dealership??? I look on napaonline.com and they sell 1 but I am not sure it its the sender ot return line either...

Thanks
Chris

I take it yours is leaking at the fittings? Of the three XJs I know of, all of us have just used rubber tubing and a couple hose clamps per end. Some guys will flare (or double flare) the end of the existing tube but I've had no problem with mine for about 30k miles on a '98 XJ. HTH dn.

Last edited:
Don't waste your time or money buying the factory one's... Ask for some high pressure transmission line, both soft and hard, and bend to your liking. If you need the fittings that go into the tranny, well that's another problem...

Will.

if you know what your doing you can make new one's i wouldnt suggest it if you're a novice though. I think I paid 80$ for some new ones about 1.5 years ago though. and 30 minutes later i was done. I do get an employee discount though.

am i the only one who made his own using copper tubing from home depots plumbing aisle? this was 2000 and its still good

Um....using standard copper plumbing pipe is a perscription for FAILURE!!!!! Copper pipe is NOT designed to withstand the heavy vibes (relative to household plbg) of an automotive application- steel brake lines, aftermarket tubing or OEM piping designed for THAT application is the only way to go here.....copper should NEVER be used with any pressurized automotive applications.....

Bret S Gray
1990 XJ Laredo

bzdel2441 said:
Is the only place to get the trans coolant lines from the dealership??? I look on napaonline.com and they sell 1 but I am not sure it its the sender ot return line either...

Napa sells both. I bought both about 2 months ago for a '92. They are listed on the Napa web page]

bn6339 said:
Um....using standard copper plumbing pipe is a perscription for FAILURE!!!!! Copper pipe is NOT designed to withstand the heavy vibes (relative to household plbg) of an automotive application- steel brake lines, aftermarket tubing or OEM piping designed for THAT application is the only way to go here.....copper should NEVER be used with any pressurized automotive applications.....

Bret S Gray
1990 XJ Laredo

True but with a little work you can make it last decent. We use it on bikes. Basically add a vibration dampner into the line. You can do this by either adding a coil enroute or by adding a 2 inch rubber section. The rubber works the best but some dudes opt for the coiled section cause it looks cool.

Sarge

Back