• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hood Vents Almost Installed..

kthrash

NAXJA Forum User
Virgin Hood:

img_7654.jpg

Prepped Hood Vents (1972 Datsun 280Z Vintage)

img_7653.jpg

Taped and Ready to Cut!!

img_7656.jpg

First Hole Done!! :shocked: No going back now!!

img_7657.jpg

Both Holes Done:

img_7659.jpg

Vents in Taped up holes:

img_7660.jpg

Final Prep for painting raw edges

img_7661.jpg

Final Paint on Hood Vents drying

img_7664.jpg

To be continued tomorrow!!

Looks good! Just wondering how you are dealing with water coming in. Do the vents have drip trays with lines to drain the water away from the top of the motor?

nope they are wide open.. If H2O becomes a problem I will fab somthing up.. I do have the drip trays that came with em but dont think H2O is gonna be a problem.. Almost everyone else that has em does not run Drip Trays and has no problems.

Water should not be a problem, I have my vents for I guess 4 years now and rain or snow never made a diff.

Why is there always one person who asks about water getting in hood vents? Do they realize what happens when you drive in the rain or through a puddle of water. Water does splash all the way up to the top of your engine.
Nice job on the your vents, very clean.

Ron4x4 said:
Why is there always one person who asks about water getting in hood vents? Do they realize what happens when you drive in the rain or through a puddle of water. Water does splash all the way up to the top of your engine.
"Splash up to the top" isn't seen the same way "poured in from the top" is. How's your TPS work for you when you hit it with a hose?

Yucca-Man said:
"Splash up to the top" isn't seen the same way "poured in from the top" is. How's your TPS work for you when you hit it with a hose?

Actually, I droped My Whole Jeep into a 4 foot deep mud hole and hydrolocked the motor, after a bit of cleaning and not buying any new parts it still runs great. I drive it back and forth to work every day. I also have hosed out the motor many many many times. This is not an arguement issue, I am just saying that the relatively small amount that gets in through the vents is not enough to damage anything (unless you live in the amazon).
In almost every post I have ever read on hood vents someone always mentions RAIN water getting in the vents, I am simply wondering Why? Kind of rhetorical, know what I mean?
Thanks
Ron

I agree about the relitively miniscule amount of water that could get in. When I do mine, I'm simply going to tightly wrap everything important under the vent in electrical tape, as an added precaution.

Back