• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ABS removal cost?

fish1976

NAXJA Forum User
My breaks on my 89 xj are shot, not really sure what is stopping the thing. The break pedal goes all the way to the floor, better be sure that you don't have to stop in a hurry. I have read the forums about removing the old abs and comming in with newer parts. Does any one have a general cost estimate or any other advice. Has any one close to the high desert, SoCal done this conversion? Thnx

fish1976 said:
My breaks on my 89 xj are shot, not really sure what is stopping the thing. The break pedal goes all the way to the floor, better be sure that you don't have to stop in a hurry. I have read the forums about removing the old abs and comming in with newer parts. Does any one have a general cost estimate or any other advice. Has any one close to the high desert, SoCal done this conversion? Thnx

Cost $00.00 Pull the fuse. No abs. BINGO !

Someone who remembers the details should chime in right about now, but I'm pretty sure the '89 ABS is covered under a lifetime warranty because it's a Bendix POS...

Yucca-Man said:
Someone who remembers the details should chime in right about now, but I'm pretty sure the '89 ABS is covered under a lifetime warranty because it's a Bendix POS...
Do you have any ideas where to start looking for the info on that warranty?

Actually, I'm sure it's come up in here one or more times which is why I even remember that much about it. Try searching Bendix ABS recall and sift through the hits on that one. Limit it to the Technical Forums first.

The recall covers the pump....not the accumulator... I am down in So Cal and will have a booster and master from a 90 very soon that could be swaped over and remove the entire abs system with a little work... Its really pretty simple and straight forward...only time consuming takes the better part of a day.... I have done three thus far with sucess....

Scott.

Clean-RC said:
The recall covers the pump....not the accumulator... I am down in So Cal and will have a booster and master from a 90 very soon that could be swaped over and remove the entire abs system with a little work... Its really pretty simple and straight forward...only time consuming takes the better part of a day.... I have done three thus far with sucess....

Scott.
Scott since you have done the conversion, could you make or do you have a list of all the parts required. That would be helpful so I can start accumulating parts till I am ready to go.

Back