• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Raising LCA mounts on a D30?

hackedxj

NAXJA Member #1090
Wanting to raise the lower control arm mounts on the ol' D30. I already have binding with the arms and shock mounts when the axle drops. Raising them is going to make it worse. How much trimming can you get by with on this mount, I've already trimmed it some.
Anybody just started over with a custom raised mount? I'm going to work on this area, just looking for some ideas, I'm drawing a blank. Thanks

Im just installing my axle with raised mounts this weekend!Was able to gain about 1 3/4".
Raised LCA Mounts

What are the advantages to raising the lower mounts? I'm at 6" with stock control arms (I know, I know) not good but they've worked for me for almost 2 years now. I would like to replace mine as there bashed to hell and that would also help my pinion angle (until I can afford LA's) or make my own. Thanks Jeff

CamoXJeep said:
What are the advantages to raising the lower mounts? I'm at 6" with stock control arms (I know, I know) not good but they've worked for me for almost 2 years now. I would like to replace mine as there bashed to hell and that would also help my pinion angle (until I can afford LA's) or make my own. Thanks Jeff
It helps to correct the steep angles that a lift puts your control arms on. The steep angles causes several problems mainly a bone jarring ride.

RCP Phx said:
Im just installing my axle with raised mounts this weekend!Was able to gain about 1 3/4".
Raised LCA Mounts

RCP, are you raising the UCA mounts the same amount?

It's hard to tell by the pix, but it looks like you will still mount below the centerline of the axel tube.

I did it as an experiment,youll notice in the pics that there are 2 full sets of brackets.The stock brackets on my 2000 are wasted,so since I had the axle out of my 95 for gears/lockers I decided to see what I could do without getting to crazy.Nothing was done with the uppers(except the JKS bushing sleeve for the pass upper) since I run LA's on both rigs and this will further reduce any binding.As stated earlier they are only 1-3/4" higher than stock(but WAY Beefier).

Back