• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Backspacing, i know, sorry 99XJ

RockyTop

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 99 XJ with a 4.5 RE lift. I want to run 33x1050's without triming, or looking like a lowrider/ roller-skate. I want to run 4" of backspacing on a steel rim. Is this going to rub? Will the tire stick out too far? What is the ideal backspace for this set-up? Sorry to ask a question that has obviously been beaten into the ground, but I want to be sure I spend my money wisely. Thanks.

10.50s will be fine with 4" of BS. I'm running 33x12.50s with 4" of BS and they stick out about quarter of an inch past the flares.

But you may still have to trim for the bigger tire diameter.

4.5" backspaced rims might allow the tires to stuff better and be less likely to hit the flairs when twisted up on the trail, assuming you do this sort of thing. I would most certainly trim if running 33" tall tires, but I suppose it depends on what kind of wheeling you do. I have 6.5" of lift and still plan to trim when the 33s go on.

Youll have to trim a little for those to fit,I run them on 4.5"BS wheels.
Check out my homepages for pics!
My 2000

Back