• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Manual and auto shifter for your AW4 tranny ((10% off for NAXJA members in May))

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrettM

NAXJA Forum User
This shifter gives you the option to totally manually shift your auto tranny, great for the trail or racing. Or leave it in the Auto mode and it will drive exactly as stock, perfect for a daily driver or letting the wife drive :laugh3:

www.AWshifting.com

May is almost here and I am very excited; back to California, birthday, Black Rock desert... it's gonna be a great month :D I'll give 10% off to purchases made by NAXJA members in the month of May

also, Phil did a great writeup on installing his, be sure to check it out: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=54039

Well I have some good news and some bad news regarding the 97+ unit. The good news is it functions exactly as intended, giving completely normal auto function in the auto mode and fully manual in that mode. The bad news is it is activating the Check Engine light . The CE light comes on the first time you switch into the manual mode and does not go away until it is reset by disconnecting the battery.

I have one more good idea for avoiding this issue. If it works (I can't say I'm too optimistic after this failure), unfortuneatly it will require more hardware and the cost would be higher ($20 more? $50 more? I don't know yet).

So regardless, this unit is now available for 97+ applications if you are okay with a CE light. I guess you could just remove the bulb for the CE light...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back