• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New ZJ to XJ seat question

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
Been reading some and came across a 95ZJ with tan/green orvis seats being parted out, plush looking. Anybody done this with a 97+XJ and do the back seats fit. Have not been able to find any leather XJ seats yet so I'm considering this...

Rich, the back seats on the ZJ's are slightly larger, and split 60/40. I'm shure it could be done, but you would most likely have to fab up the brackets to make them (they mount compleatly different) work, and mabey narrow the seat frames down a little. Would be a nice mod though gain the split, and rear seat headrests. Not to metion a slight bit easier to remove the lower seat due to it being two peices. If they're wanted I can get good pics of the rear ZJ seats, and the mounts just PM me. Might take me a few days though.

scoobyxj said:
Rich, the back seats on the ZJ's are slightly larger, and split 60/40. I'm shure it could be done, but you would most likely have to fab up the brackets to make them (they mount compleatly different) work, and mabey narrow the seat frames down a little. Would be a nice mod though gain the split, and rear seat headrests. Not to metion a slight bit easier to remove the lower seat due to it being two peices. If they're wanted I can get good pics of the rear ZJ seats, and the mounts just PM me. Might take me a few days though.

Just as he said, it'll fit maybe with a little modifying. 00 cavilier seats(2 sets) fit nicely in my 93 Cheromanche
Bill

Back