• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ dash light problem

comancheon33

NAXJA Forum User
I am having problems with my dash lights. I put a fuse in blows almost as fast as I as can put it in. At same time I turn my headlghts on the stereo and clock go out. Seems like a ground issue to me but wondering if anyone has had these issues before. Maybe someone can point me in a direction to go. Thanks Dustin

I have a similar problem with my 97 xj. Is there any way to test the headlight switch with a voltmeter/continuity tester to see if it's bad? I'd hate to replace it if it's not the switch that's bad.

Doesn't sound at all like a ground problem. All automotive circuits require a ground. If you don't have a good ground, it doesn't blow fuses. It leaves you with an open circuit and NO current flow. No flow ==> no blow.

It has to be a short, or somebody has fudged the wiring and there are too many accessories on a circuit not intended for that much load.

comancheon33 said:
I beleive I have a short in the printed circuit. Hopefully a bad relay for the stereo and clock. Thanks
I'm confused. Neither the clock nor the radio receive power through a printed circuit, so how would a short in the printed circuit affect those components?

Back