• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another story on the vibe culprit. (long)

jeepinandy

NAXJA Forum User
well on a little road trip today i hit a "BUMP" where they were patching asphault.. more like a 6 or 8 inch wall of asphault.. didnt think to much about it. but after traveling down the road a ways i noticed a "vibe". All of these bad thaughts were going through my head.. u-joints etc. so i pulled off on the side of the road to check. Done all the proper things, scotch wheels with tranny in neutral. every thing was tight. i thaught maybe it was just the road where they had been working on it. but vibes continued all the way home.. So I checked every thing again when i got home. Every thing still tight.. Starting to get concerned here, scratching head cussing and all that good stuff...so at that point i started just grabbing stuff and shaking it.... come to find out an exhaust hager had broke and the exhaust was resting on the cross member and rattled when i shook it... Never thaught that would cause it....But i was WRONG!! i tied it up with a coat hanger drove it down the hiway and back......PRESTO vibes fixed... going to muffler shop tomorrow...

Back