• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Backup Lights

Fudd

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I've swapped in an AX-15 for the AW-4 on my 87 XJ I stilll have the auto harness on the rig. I've grounded the NSS wire and now I need to figure out the backup light circuit. I'm assuming I have to splice in the manual plug somehow into the harness. Any help would be great

Fudd said:
Ok, I've swapped in an AX-15 for the AW-4 on my 87 XJ I stilll have the auto harness on the rig. I've grounded the NSS wire and now I need to figure out the backup light circuit. I'm assuming I have to splice in the manual plug somehow into the harness. Any help would be great
Look at which wire from the harness in the engine bay gives you backup lights. Then splice that harness into the ax15 wiring.
This might help a bit

thanks, but no dice I guess w/ the difference in years I don't have any of those colors on my harness, I figure tomorrow I'll just trace the wires from the bulbs up to the front

Fudd said:
thanks, but no dice I guess w/ the difference in years I don't have any of those colors on my harness, I figure tomorrow I'll just trace the wires from the bulbs up to the front
IIRC the way I found the right wire was to ground each one of those pins when the engine was running and see which one would turn the lights on.
HTH

Back