• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Check gauges light coming on....

XJjosh

NAXJA Member #1025
I have a 2001 cherokee and my check gauges light will come on. When it comes on, my voltage meter goes all the way up to 19. it will stay on while i drive then go off when i come to a stop. but the jeep doesnt act or do anything funny while it is on. will it mess anything up? thanks.

do any other gauges look/act funny? it's entirely possible that the connector of either the cluster to the socket it sits on is loose or the big connector under the dash (C101) is not making good contact.

mwhen the light is off everything is good, when it is on the only difference is the voltage goes to 19.

XJjosh said:
anyone know???? help!!
It is possible that you have an intermitten conection, so try reseating the cluster, make sure there is no corrosion on the pins and do the same to the C101 connector.

If the battery voltage goes higher than it is suppose to the gauge will go to 19V.

Try checking/cleaning your battery cables, maybe even try a new battery if you have one laying around.

Back