• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trxux M/T Vs. TSL

thisfirstlove

NAXJA Forum User
Ok i got 33 LTB's and i still cant believe the traction they give me off road...but they look too small for my taste and i want to go up to 35's:)...but i want a radial as im still in high school and dont have the money to go replacing bias tires every few months...im looking at the mt's and im hoping that the performance in the deep gooey stuff isnt THAT different...obvuslly the MT is no tsl, but comprable? help me out!

My trXus mt's get me up where the LTB's go, but with a little more effort. They grip lovely, and tire wear on the street is great. I've run about 3k on them and still have lots left to go.

my bfg mud terrains have about 10000 miles on them and theyre still running strong. my friend has some goodyear mtr's and they sound like an airplane when he drives by. i dont think mine do that... or at least i dont notice from inside. i was suprised at how well our dodge ram with bfg a/t's did in the mud - and they have a 50,000 mile guarentee on the tread. these might be too pansy for what your looking for though

My TrXus M/Ts have worked flawlessly. I found they were pretty noisy for the first 500miles and now they are impressively quite for knobby mud tires.
TrXus has my vote!

The Trxus MTs don't do any better than BFG MTs and they definitely don't compare to TSLs. I heard about how great the Trxus MTs were so I tried a set when I got rid of the TSLs. After a couple of wheelin trips to the same spot I wheeled the TSLs I was not impressed. Same size tires, same terrain, no comparison.

If you want mileage and performance out of an MT you can't ever go wrong with BFG. I've had them last until 40K on the road. They'll probably go longer than that with frequent (3k mi) rotation.

Kinda hard to compare the sidewalls when the TSL is a bias tire (unless you do have TSL radials) the the truxus MT is a radial. No radial tires I k now of will hold up sidewall wise to a bias tire.

I doubt they suck. They're just not as 'hard core' an offroad tire as the TSL...and they are not meant to be.

From what I;ve seen they are a little tougher in the sidewall area than the BFG, are no better or worse offroad than the BFG, BUT won't last as long on the road as the BFG.

If you don;t expect it to be a TSL then you won;t be disappointed.

I busted out a sidewall on mine a couple weekends ago. I think you can get different ply sidewalls so you might check that out --- I don't remember what ply mine are on the sides, but no doubt I got the cheaper one. Lifetime tire warranties are great.

043500 said:
BUT won't last as long on the road as the BFG.QUOTE]

I agree with everything except this one. I have had a set of 33" trxus MT's on my jeep for the past year and half. And have about 45K on them, and they probably have at least another 10-15K before I reach the wear bar. I mean they are past their offroad usfullness tread depth, but are fine for the road. I also rotation them every oil change, keep them at proper pressure and always make sure my alignment is deadnuts. These three thing are way most guys don't get the mileage out of tires. And yes you can get them in heavy ply/ higher count sidewalls. But most Interco tires in this size range are avail. with different sidewall ply counts, though you have to step up in rim size to either 16" or 17".

This tire has impressed me out of anyother radial tire I have owned or seen on the trail, specially up here in the Northeast. Made parts of paragon easy, compared to some of my buddies, I only got stuck in the caution mudpit, but I think that was because of lack of "LARGE" tires. They are quite on the road, even with 45K on them, it surprises everybody who rides with me. And this is with 4 trips to Gainesville,FL from Glens Falls, NY. Cruised at 75-90 all day on I95.

Get the Trxus MT, they aren't a LTB or a TSL, but they will be close and alot nicer on the street.

Nothing short of Boggers are as good in mud as a TSL....period.....OK...V tread tractor tires are better....but we are talking street legal, right???

I absolutley love my Trxus M/T's great in snow,mud,sand,and on the street quiet and great wear like thats already been said i rotate them every oil change keep up the maintnance there great. Not had them in the rocks so cant answer that.

Back