• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wheel cylinder advice

witt

NAXJA Forum User
ok... ive got a dana 44 out of an 87 xj..
the wheel cylinder on the Dside is leakin like a seive.... i can replace it myself... but i dont have a garage... (damn appartment rules)
so... my question is... does it matter if i get a reybestos, or a tru torque, bendix?
or is it all relative? any of em offer better performance than the other?

Thanks
Eric

Get what's easiest, or least expensive. You should replace them any time you replace the brake shoes anyway, so they are a "consumable."

Anti-sieze on both the bleeder screws and the steel line compression nuts is a good idea even if you DON'T live in the rust belt. I also pull the compression nuts back from the flare and put anti-sieze on thr steel line itself, so the nut will be able to spin without twisting off the end of the line when I want to take it apart.

careful when puttin the old brake line into the new wheel cylnider. i did a new cylnider on my rear and ended up have to do a new rear line to it cuz it leaked like a SOB cuz the old line didnt seal right. just my advice cuz i had to learn from trial and error.

Back