• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EZ Locker VS. Lock Right

btraysxj

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone out there have any recommendations either way. I want to replace my Ox with a mechanical locker. This is going into a LP30 with Warn manual hubs.

If anyone is interested in my old Ox locker that needs a replacement locking gear\locking ring plus ??? just shoot me a PM. It would be a great project if you like pain and frustration. Thats what I rec'd from it thus far... :gonnablow

Brian T.

Thanks John, when I called Randy's Ring & Pinion the rep was pushing the LockRight because it had a 2 year warranty vs. the 1 year with the EZ Locker. I don't have experience with either so I thought I would post up and see what kind of responses I get.

Thanks again,
Brian T.

i just bought a aussie..

i think its better
2 yr warranty/ no tire size restrictions!

quieter than lock-rite

btraysxj said:
Anyone out there have any recommendations either way. I want to replace my Ox with a mechanical locker. This is going into a LP30 with Warn manual hubs.

If anyone is interested in my old Ox locker that needs a replacement locking gear\locking ring plus ??? just shoot me a PM. It would be a great project if you like pain and frustration. Thats what I rec'd from it thus far... :gonnablow

Brian T.

They're basically the same thing. I'd go with the Lockright just because it has more warrenty. I've run both...in different rigs.

Brett and Joe, I thought about the Aussie but I wanted a locker that has been around for a while. I don't mind it clanking and banging up there since I'll only feel it when the hubs are locked. Let me know your personal experiences with the Aussie if you ran one in a dana 30. The price is definitely right on them. If they work just as good but are indeed quieter then hell, I might want to line one up.

Thanks for the response Richard.

Brian T.

I will give you my take on all of them...
yes they are all the same basic concept and design. but what sets the LR and EZ apart from the Ausie and Quick lock is how you install the springs. the Ausie and QL are flat out pains in the ass. not so much on installation but removal. the LR and EZ give you a decent size slot on the side to slid the spring in. but the QL and AL only give you a small hole.
between EZ and LR. is the extra $30 worth the extra year? I have heard no complaints from the EZ lockers I have installed...

Thanks for the responses you guys.

Brian T.

Back