• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front D44 what am I missing?

BUCKYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am getting a HPD44 and need to build it up what all would u guys do.
here is what I got so far?
gears $100 for the install
ext. radius arms approx $150
new locking hubs $60
axle shafts $150
Locker $350 probably a detroit EZ or something like that.
so what all am I missing?

Grand total of $810 for a setup D44 for the XJ

i'm not sure what's going on for your gear price... do you already nave them and paying 100 to get them installed?

does anything need freshening? brakes? seals?

brakelines?

I assume you mean spicer shafts with 760x joints (weld the joints in!) You might want to narrow it to Waggy length while you're at it.

you might be breaking a lot of shafts with 36s and a full-time locker, get a selectable if there's any way you can afford it.

The BIG thing you left out is steering. if you've got over just a few inches of lift you will want to do crossover or highsteer which gets expensive.

thanks intrepid and brett I didn't do a search.

Brett my father in law is a spicer dealer so he gets me awsome deals usually free I just have to pay for install. I still havn't looked the axle over real good but I got a plan for it now. Im gonna sell my front and rear in the XJ now and put in a couple of open stock axles then build up my D44 and which ever rear I go with.

Back