• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brakes, and tires, and u-jionts OH MY!!

cykaaro

NAXJA Forum User
Firstly, I'd like to thank all for the help and suggestions over the past week or so on getting stuff on my XJ done. Greatly appreciate the help, and learing fast. You guys rock!

Brakes are working great, and emergency brake now works again. Tightened it so the cables moved in about 1cm. works again but need to adjust a bit more. Only want to pull it up some of the way to engage because of my cup holder.

U-jionts are officially shot. Hoping they can last me until the end of the month. Can't replace them before then unfortunately.

As for tires, gots a question. I'm going to be replacing my tires shortly as mine are going to the other XJ. I've a few I'm looking at, but wondering exactly what size I should get/can fit.
I'm presently stock set up, sagging a couple incles in the back, but that will be fixed fairly soon. I was thinking either going to a 245, or a 30 or 31" A/T tire or a bit more aggressive depending what I can get and the cost as that is a factor. . I'm presently running p235,R75.15 on stock rims. What will fit my rims? What will fit my present setup without problems rubbing? I probably won't be able to get a lift done on it until next year, so want something for now, but as well thinking ahead so they will last me awhile.
TIA

Back