• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

center the axle.

mack

NAXJA Forum User
i'm doing the RE HD trackbar and bracket, can anyone tell me the best and easy way to center the axle?
thank you.

A six pack and a come-along. The beer will calm the nerves when you get totally pissed at it (and you will).

I picked a point on the inner fenderwell and measured to the brake rotor. Just make sure the tires are straight and use the same point on both fender wells.
Then I invited my fattest friend over and had him lean on the XJ till it was centered, adjusted the trackbar for the measurements and connected it. It took a few heavy weight leans, but I was supplyin' y the beer. :laugh3:

Set the Jeep on all four tires, with the trackbar disconnected or preferably removed. Turn the wheels from side to side and if possible have a LARGE friend (like Big-G?) bounce on the front bumper a bit to get everything loosened up. Turn the wheel until the tires are centered under the front end, and connect the trackbar up, adjusting the length until it fits right. Tighten all, and take it for a test drive.

Yea, another way to tell if it's pretty much centered is if you duck down at the rear end of the jeep and see how strait the control arms are. It'll be pretty noticable if they aren't parallel to eachother, or as close as they can be.

Back