• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix TPS to HO TB???

bzdel2441

NAXJA Forum User
What exactly do you do when you put a renix TPS on the HO TB?? I have read the online write up but it talks about removing one arm but leaving teh slotted arm, well I only see one arm to begin with. I cut up the HO TPS and got the bushing thing out but now what do I do with it? Anyone else have a write up or at least any pics?

Also are the the renix and HO IAS sensors the same? The look the same but are the setup the same?

Thanks
Chris

I cut the throttle blade shaft on my HO TB and then took the arm off the Renix tps and slotted it so that I could bolt them to each other without any spacers or widgets...

DSCF0018.jpg
DSCF0021.jpg
DSCF0022.jpg
DSCF0024.jpg

Last edited:
I'll let ya know when the engine's in the jeep...

Waiting on final assembly of the ported/roller rocker head...

In theory...

It should work...

I had a spare TPS to experiment with...

It matches up perfectly (I cut and ground in tiny increments) and I was able to slot the screw holes in the TPS enough to allow adjustment if needed

To the top.....

Please don't bump for bumping sake.

thanks hinkley

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Gil BullyKatz just wondering how you little project turned out did it work? And also anyone with any new ideas??

Chris

Aw hell...

My stroker is still a while away from completion...

Doing a full width axle swap at the moment...

It'll be a few more months before that HO-Renix combo is tested...

I "only" need some valve springs, locks and retainers, a Borla or Banks header, a set of 28# injectors, and a few misc items...

I know I could just swap in the Ho intake and TB to test out the "widget"...

But the way my XJ works...

If it's running fine..

I'm not gonna mess with it...

Sorry I don't have any new info

Back