• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Automatic locker "luchbox" and gas mileage

R

rangerjoe2001

did your auto lunchbox locker affect your gas mileage or tire wear a lot?

front or rear!

I have a PowerTrax No Slip in my 8.25 and haven't seen any adverse tire wear or milage drop that can be atributed to it. My milage dropped but that was after I cut the air dam off the front, lifted and changed the tire size.
HTH

Urban Redneck said:
I have a PowerTrax No Slip in my 8.25 and haven't seen any adverse tire wear or milage drop that can be atributed to it. My milage dropped but that was after I cut the air dam off the front, lifted and changed the tire size.
HTH

Yeah same here... no noticeable tire wear or reduction in gas mileage that I can attribute to the locker.

I'm running a lock-rite in front and a powertrax in the rear and haven't noticed any tire wear because of them, except for that caused by doing some pretty cool burn-outs! They unlock when you turn, which keeps them from eating up tires.

I haven't payed any attention to the mileage, but Richmond claims that the powertrax does not affect it at all.

im running a spool in the rear of my xj, dd. it wears a good amount of rubber in the rear. you can see all the peal marks in the tread of my a/t's. my front (open diff) dosent wear nearly as much as the rear. gas mileage seems to be the same as berfore, pretty bad.

i have detroit auto lockers in my dana 44's front and rear and my rear tires 35 pro comp mud terrains are a little more worn than my fronts. the set was put on at the same time so expect the rear to wear a little faster than the fronts...as for mpg's i think the only attribute is the chirping on turns and stuff...really no effect on the mpg...if i wanted more mpg's i guess i would worry about total vehicle weight, some performance stuff, etc... just get used if u have the auto locks on pavement...they will point you all over the place

aparke4 said:
just get used if u have the auto locks on pavement...they will point you all over the place

If you drive your Jeep like a Jeep (not a race car), you'll only notice the occasional chirp when going around a corner, and even that can be elminated by being light on the throttle in corners. A locker on dry or wet pavement will not "point you all over the place". Snow isn't even that tricky as long as you use your head.

you all with the no slip.. hows it holding up.. any breakage/ replacement issues

Back