• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Source 4 Juice

Harvo

NAXJA Forum User
I'm installing some lights that I'd like to be able to burn with the key off. Are there any accessory slots on the fuse block that are hot even when the key is off? If there are, which ones? I don't have a tester to find out the easy way. Hopefully someone has the quick answer.

Thanks
HarveOut-

i hope you don't plan on just wiring those lights to the fuse block .these are some kinda driving light that were talking about right.if it is they should be hooked directly to the battery.you would run them to a relay that relay would be wired to the battery for main power .you would run a second wire from the battery or the fuse block constant hot to a switch on the dash then to the relay to tell it to turn the lights off and on.i would run a wire form the battery to switch then to the relay, sure fire wire way to know they will always work.

I did that for the offroad lights, but these are tractor lights. I'm putting them on as extra reverse lights and for setting up camp, making repairs, and recovery purposes. They aren't 50 or 100 watt lights. They are just utility jobs. I was just going to run off the fuse block.

Are there safety concerns about running lights off the fuse block? Just curious. I have a relay and It would be just as easy to run them that way too i suppose.

I'm no electrician... so if it unsafe the fuse block way, please tell me. I have some other light duty accessories wired that way too.

In my CJ, a put in an extra 4 fuse block just for lights. I would have done it in the XJ too but I couldn't find a great spot.

Thanks

Here's where I put my accessory fuse block: top of the passenger side firewall. I put some lights in the rear as well, I just used fog lights, they seem to work well so far.

P3230039.jpg

RockTrac... where did you find that fuse block? I like the design. Hot from battery goes in the top? The rest are out to accessories? Very clean.

Wire it directly to the battery through a switch and be sure to use a fuse. Tractor lights aren't that high powered. This is how I wired my rocklights and I haven't had a problem.

Harvo said:
RockTrac... where did you find that fuse block? I like the design. Hot from battery goes in the top? The rest are out to accessories? Very clean.

Local auto parts store. Autozone maybe? Yes, the hot from the battery goes in the top. I'm running all of my auxiliary lights from it.

Back