• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Odd braking problem

asatxj

NAXJA Forum User
I have replaced both calipers, everything on the rear axle and I still have a pull to the left. It seems that my left front and right rear are doing all the work as I pull that way and have noise in the right rear. I have abs but it's disabled. Can anyone point me to the next step in the solution process?
TIA
asat

The first thing I'd do is make sure all 4 corners are 100% bled, especially since you had the calipers out. Sometimes I get a surprise when I think they're all bled out but still have some air in the system. It couldn't hurt to try.

You didn't say when you replaced the parts but even if they are brand new it is possible that something is defective. If your XJ is pulling to the left, chances are the left front caliper is the problem, it might be sticking and cause that wheel tolock up easier and cause the jeep to pull. Also, you didn't say whether or not you replaced the flex hoses on the front. Those can also cause it to pull when they get old and start to seteriorate. So if your sure the calipers are good then i would go ahead and replace those flex hoses and like mentioned before, make sure all the lines are bled out.

Dean

I think I'll give the system another bleed and see if it helps. All cylinders and calipers are less than 1 year old. Flex lines are pretty stout and all the steel lines on the back are new also. more news as it happens

Back