• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How do I get the complete antenna off?

Shifty

NAXJA Forum User
How can I remove the complete antenna from the fender? My antenna (the silver part) snapped off at the threads inside the antenna housing. I tried a screw extractor to get the remaining threads out and thread in the new one. I don't know what to do.

That sucks. You'll need to remove the plastic inner fender and then do your best contortionist impression. It's tight in there but if you're persistant it will come out. Once the antenna is free from the fender there is a splice in the cable just inside the passenger compartment behind the right side kick panel. You could try searching onhere for a little more in depth info on exactly how the antenna is held to the fender. Good Luck.

LOL I just did the EXACT same thing last week. I thought, hmmmm, I'll take that sucker off and see if it gets better reception when I clean it. Was unscrewing it with a wrench and SNAP!....lol, a few four letter words, and about a week of waiting for the part to be ordered from the dealer, and i've got my stations back again.

I failed at getting the remaining threads out. I didn't have any luck getting a new hole into the old threads either, so I let my dad do it and he was a bit more successful than I was. I don't have much room to work with before I run out of threads though, but it works. If i remember correctly, all he did was take a drill bit and a screw driver and kinda make a hole in the middle of the threads. But that sounds like what you are trying to do.

Guess these things were not ment to come off were they?

i've taken mine off and on a couple of times, never had any problem with it, my only problem is that now it likes to loosen itself up:(

Back