• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone who did xj leafspring build (need pics)

VegasAnthony

NAXJA Forum User
wondering if anyone who has done the add a xj /mj add a pack

could email me pics of the finall product to attain 3.5" lift
has any pics of the leaf spring pack in full an ...basically where they got the U bolts and size and what it looks like

Sorry, dont have any pics. But I did the dakota springs with the xj main leaf and it was straight forward. All you have to do is cut the spring clamps, cut the center pin. Then you add the new leaf(s) in its place according to length put in new center pin. Tighten center pin and put new clamps on, then re-seat the axle. New u-bolts can be custom bent for 25 bucks at a spring shop, but unless you are adding alot of leafs you can use stock length new u-bolts. I got 5" using all the leafs from a 95 dakota, took 1 easy day of work. I only have two regrets, one I didn't measure when I cut the main eyes off the dakota springs and it sits a bit lower on one side, the other was that I was so busy working I forgot to take pictures. Hope this helped some, also there are many other threads with pics, try searching.

XJ_ranger said:
(got them for the same price as the dakota packs - and i suspect that they will have a softer spring rate)

-Ranger

Yea they probably will be softer than the dakota's, but the ride is not that bad. As long as you dont use the huge overload the ride is firmer than stock but still nice compared to the front end at 6" with short controll arms.

Back