• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

27 or 29? powertrax related help wanted:)

Purple

NAXJA Forum User
went to order non slip for my 8.25 today and the guy asked me what type is it, if its 27 or 29.. its a 98 XJ with auto, and 3.55s ...
also would getting non slip for rear and lockright for front be a good idea for a daily driver?

You should have a 29 spline, 96 was suppose to be the last of the 27 spline. If you have the 27 spline I would still order the 29 spline and change the rear end, thats what I done on my 96.

I run a powertrax no-slip in the rear and a Lock-rite in the front on my daily driver and am very pleased with both on and off road.

did you break any shafts or anything ...yet:)? how is the clicking with the lockers? i have heard different stories about clicking .. .. so just wanted to compare...:) how is it in the snow? we get quite a lot in winter:)

I had the No-Slip back when I still had the 8.25. I had no clicking at all. Driving with a locker in the snow isn't that bad. You just have to respect it and drive it like a locked rig, not a sportscar. We don't get tons of show here but usually get several decent snows a year.

I also have an Aussie locker in the front. It clicks quite a bit when making slow, sharp turns. Lockrites are similar from what I have heard. It is invisible (other than the clicking) in 2WD.

Back