• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

U-joint retainers....

5-90

NAXJA Forum User
I searched, but I don't seem to be able to find this...

Once upon a time, I recall seeing that someone had made/found machined retaining caps for u-joints to replace the bolt/strap arrangement, and not have to drill out the yoke for u-bolts. They looked pretty solid, machined from a chunk of barstock.

Where were they, and did they make them to work with D30/35 joints?

Also, does anyone know a cheap source for the DC centering kit that goes between the doubled joint on the front DS? I haven't had much luck so far, and what few finds I made were in the range of $60 and up...

5-90

These?

71085800.jpg

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=1153&prmenbr=361

Don't know if any of those cross with a 1310.

I've seen these, but while they might be stronger or more durable, they seem like they would create some clearance issues w/ the driveshaft.

Yeah, something like that. I thought I'd seen them made out of steel, tho (would allow for smaller sections,) with the bolts thru the cap so you didn't have to drill the yoke...

Guess I'll have to make 'em myself, unless someone else knows anything...?

5-90

Lincoln said:
These?

71085800.jpg

Don't know if any of those cross with a 1310.

5-90 said:
Yeah, something like that. I thought I'd seen them made out of steel, tho (would allow for smaller sections,) with the bolts thru the cap so you didn't have to drill the yoke...

Guess I'll have to make 'em myself, unless someone else knows anything...?

5-90

Couldn't find much else besides custom made. Check out Morosso's site though. Their pics show socket head bolts. I wonder if the bolts are the same thread as the tapped yoke???

Good luck.

Back