• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mounting TJ flares on a '98 XJ

What I did to mount mine was I had someone hold the flares at the position that I wanted them, and traced a line inside the flare as to where I wanted to cut. It left the perfect mark for cutting and for a good fit. Before I started cutting, I marked off the holes to mount the flares with some nail polish, since the end brush is pretty flexible, and it gives you the general area of where the hole will be. I then cut and began mounting the flares. It's pretty much as simple as that, and I've gotten lots of compliments about them in person, especially for the rears.

Thanks,
Do you have any pictures of it in progress or the finished project? Also, I couldn't figure out what to use to cut the holes. What did you use? I have several cutting plyers and a grinder. I originally trimmed the bottom edges with these tools to get more clearance with the stock flares and they worked good.

I used self tapping screws and a drill. I used the drill to indent the initial hole, then used the self-tapping screws. They go in nice and tight, and won't budge. Here are some pictures I have
frontbumpershot.jpg

3989273-R1-000-58.jpg

I did my fronts last weekend, wish I would have take some pics for you while i was doing it but too late now :). It's pretty easy if you just trace it, i used a pink hi liter to trace mine, cut about 5" out of it. It was just where that indent starts. I used an angle grinder, and the thing cut through it like butter. I also put masking tape around where i was going to cut, it helps to not chip away the paint. I should have some pics up soon of the finished product. Good luck.

Back