• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

just wanted some info on my jeep

vajeeper

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 91 cherokee laredo 4x4 w/ a 3 inch lift and 31 10.50's,...
just wondering if anyone caould give me some info on my jeep...like gear ratios, t-case. axles...ect...

any help would be appreciated

vajeeper said:
i have a 91 cherokee laredo 4x4 w/ a 3 inch lift and 31 10.50's,...
just wondering if anyone caould give me some info on my jeep...like gear ratios, t-case. axles...ect...

any help would be appreciated
You want to know what's recommended to run with that setup, or are you trying to identify what you've got?

Transmission will be either an AX-15 5-speed or an AW-4 auto. The t-case could be either the NP231 Command-Trac (2H - 4H - N - 4L) or NP242 Selec-Trac (2H - 4Part - 4Full - N - 4Lo). Both have 2.72 lo gearing.

Axles will be a high-pinion D30 up front, and if it's a NP231 you'll likely have vacuum-disconnect.

The rear could be either a D35 or Chrysler 8.25" - look at http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/gear1.html#axle for identification.

Gearing can vary; typically if you've got an automatic tranny you'll have 3.55 gears, but with a stick you could have 3.07 or 3.73 - if you've got a 4-cyl you probably have 4.10 gears. Check the tags that may still be on the axle covers to see if are still legible enough to tell.

Back