• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

humming noise in the rear

flsurfer19

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 2001 classic 4x4 and its had a humming noise from the rear ever since i got it in january. At first i thought that maybe the rear brakes were to tight and checked and adjusted them. noise was still there. so next i changed my rear diff fluid and looked at the gears to see if anything is warped or broken, nope. noise still there is there any other suggestions of things i should check? oh the rear drums have a groove inthem from the old factory shoes could that be it? thanks

That was my thought too, although I normally don't hear 'em hum until over 35mph or so if they're a problem. Definitely a cheap and easy fix to try.

Maybe also a slightly bent/dented driveshaft, or it could have thrown a balance weight.

thats what i was also thinking was the driveshaft b/c as the speed increases the noise with get a higher pitch. that would probably be some helpfull info. but thanks for the info so far i will check my joints

Back