• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rock lights questions

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
What did you use and how did you mount it? I've seen a really nice setup not too long ago with two lights: one mounted on the front skid pointing backwards and one mounted up by the hangers for the fuel tank pointing forwards. Seems somewhat practical although it does leave blind spots (back of the rear diff and just forward of the front axle).
So on that note, I'm looking for ideas.

Thanks

Northern sells these lights that are 10 bucks a pair, and they work great. You can add one to each wheel well, and cover tons of space. It's a really wide beam, and it leaves you with a very clear view at night. Some guys I know mounted one to opposite ends of the frame pointing outwards, and it covers a pretty good area. And for that price, it's not that costly to replace them.

Some $15 ricer lights from Wal-Mart, came with 2 lights, basic wiring harness and a switch (needs a relay). Little 35W or 55W oval halogen driving lights, the lenses look gold/yellow colored. I've got one on each side on the front of the spring hanger, and one in the center of the front crossmember behind the bumper.

DSC01115.jpg

Wiring for the rocker rocklights runs down inside the frame rails (wasn't hooked up yet in that pic).

even cheaper is EL-cheapo Auto-Zone back-up lights for utility trailer type applications
little whatever watt bulbs w/ little cone shaped lenses are purdy :)

Jeepin Jason said:
Some $15 ricer lights from Wal-Mart, came with 2 lights, basic wiring harness and a switch (needs a relay). Little 35W or 55W oval halogen driving lights, the lenses look gold/yellow colored. I've got one on each side on the front of the spring hanger, and one in the center of the front crossmember behind the bumper.

DSC01115.jpg

Wiring for the rocker rocklights runs down inside the frame rails (wasn't hooked up yet in that pic).

Looks good, do you have to worry about htem on the trail though ? (as in loosing them on a rock) or because of how they are tucked in it's pretty safe?

Kejtar said:
Looks good, do you have to worry about htem on the trail though ? (as in loosing them on a rock) or because of how they are tucked in it's pretty safe?

I don't worry about them getting hit at all where they are. They're more likely to get broken by a rock tossed up by the front tires on the road than getting busted out offroad.

Back