• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shock Extenders

ROBZ95Xj

NAXJA Forum User
I was in Autozone today looking at rear spring clamps when i noticed some front shock extenders. They screw on the top of the stud and extend the shock by 2". Should I get these when I get my ZJ coils or should I save up and get longer shocks. Im on a realy tight budget here and any advice is apreciated.

A reply from a guy a few minutes south, Hi! Anyway you can use them, infact i am running them right now but it is the less than ideal setup. you could get longer shocks or get some yj shocks and either get a barpin into the lower bushing or make some bpe's. We should wheel sometime, once in a while i head up off of cobble hill road in e swanzey new hampshire.

Mike

It will be 1-2 months before my jeep is trail worthy. But I can't wait to get back out wheelin again. Does anyone know the thread size for the factory shocks.

I had some custom shock extenders that were basically that same thing as the ones at the parts store. the only problem was when I hit a bump offroad and one broke, it wasn't actually the extender that broke but the stud on the Old Man Emu shock, it bent over all the way and then broke off. I think they are probabaly alright for the street but I wouldn't trust them off the hard stuff.

Tom

Yeah I was thinkig about mounting some hockey pucks on the bottom inside the coil.

I was thinking 2 on each side (I belive there 1" each) so it will match the 2" extentions and help clear the 30" BFG'S when I get them.

Back