• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nothing really enlightening, just some comments

Timber

NAXJA Forum User
I recently had to drop my front skid so I could fart around with some stuff, and since it's been snowing and is only about 25* I haven't put it back on. Wow, what a difference it makes in terms of adding stiffness to the front end. Without it, it almost feels like a different vehicle. I'd been thinking about dumping my tow hooks and getting a front receiver, partly because of the added stiffening effect. Not now. My C4x4 hooks are awesome for the wheeling I do, and the front skid seems to add the stiffness that the front hitch would provide. Now if I didn't already have the hooks and skid, I'd definitely do the receiver instead, but for anyone else thinking of ditching their hooks and adding a receiver just for the extra stiffness, the front skid is a pretty cheap alternative. Just my thoughts.

I got mine at either jeepparts.cc or jparts.com; I don't recall which, though. It was around $60 shipped, IIRC, but if you can get it from a yard you should get hooked up pretty well. There are no yards near Toledo where you can just go rummage around anymore.

Back