• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ disk brakes

back to cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
I've been so freakin busy at work I haven't had time to go out to pick n' pull. Has anybody been to rancho (close to work) or roseville (close to home) pick n' pull. if you have was there any ZJ's out there with 35 rear and disks

too new for pick and pull have to try American river or one of the Jeep yards (yuk they are almost as much as the dealer.)

I thought it would be, about newest thing I've ever seen there was a 94 tercel. Thought I would dream and try.

Don't want to deal with the American river (rip you a new butt hole shops) maybe I can find one some is parting out

:?: American River is going to be one your best bets. :shock: Any wrecking yard that specializes in Jeep only is going to rip you off unless you can get a deal for being a NAXJA member. :twisted:

I know abour four months ago there was one at our local yard in Salida which is by Modesto. I will go by and see if it still there. I remember the rear was complete.

ZJ discs

Maybe this is a little off topic, but a few months ago, someone was talking about putting ZJ rear discs onto a 8.25. Did anyone ever hear if this worked? Just curious, because it has to be cheaper than the kit that uses Caddy calipers.

karlm

Karlim this is what I'm in the process of doing if I can get the parts. :cry:

I really need the rear disk cause I tow both a SKI boat or a fishing boat around almost every weekend

by an 8.8 it will be worth the cost

There's a write up on madxj.com on how to do the conversion on a 35 or 44. It might give you enough info for the 8.25.
www.madxj.com

Back