• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aux fan switch...

JEEParon

NAXJA Forum User
my xj likes to get hot and the aux fan wont turn on itself...so what i usually do is hot wire it,...lets say this pic is the aux fan relay plug in (i think thats the pattern?).....i run a small wire connecting the 2 bold parts...and that keeps it running
relay.gif

i do that before i head out wheeling and just leave it on...but i would like to setup a switch inside the car to turn it on and off...

to do that could i run wire similar to what ive done and connect it to a switch...or is there an easier better way of doing this

any help?

I run my OEM aux fan through a relay and toggle switch like you're suggesting. Works great, and in the winter, I can just disconnect the fan from the relay, and it never goes on. It's a good setup as long as you don't forget to turn the toggle on when the temps go up.

I just tapped the coolant sensor in the radiator, and wired the switch in parallel to that. (RENIX, 1987-1990)

For later, I'd probably see how the relay was tripped, and mimic that signal. I'd not want to bypass a relay with a switch six feet away - use the switch to trip the relay and you'll be better off (and can use a smaller switch, and lighter wiring.)

5-90

Why not just change your temp sensor in the thermostat housing so it works as it should?

Back