• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

optima size?

A_J

NAXJA Forum User
I picked up an Optima Red Top and Costco today, $99, a good deal, but when I got home and installed it, I got a click or two, no start, then dead battery. Did I get the wrong battery? I got a 75/35. Do theses things need to be charged before use?

A little background - I had the truck shipped from CA to CT and when it arrived the (stock) battery was dead. Not a surprise, the old battery was about ready to be replaced. They jumped it at the shipper and I drove it home (90 min. drive) got home and the battery was still pretty much dead. Again, not to much of a surprise.

I put the Optima in and.... nothing. Is it the battery or something else? Any help is much appreciated.

It's a 90 XJ

A_J said:
I picked up an Optima Red Top and Costco today, $99, a good deal, but when I got home and installed it, I got a click or two, no start, then dead battery. Did I get the wrong battery? I got a 75/35.

Yup, you want the 34/78 (at least, that's what I've got on my 2000 and it fits fine).

Do theses things need to be charged before use?

They shouldn't... You should be able to drop it in and go.

A_J said:
It fit ok, jus t didn't work. Thanks for the size, I'll return the one I have and try the 34/78.

Before you go with the 34/78, see if they'll do a test fit for you. Your '90 may have a different sized battery tray than my 2000.

Back