• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help

TBLimited said:
Just wondering where the vaccuum line from the valve cover goes? Also where is the MAP sensor located?

Depends on year and model. I'm assuming a 4.0 at least. Vacuum line from valve cover will go straight to manifold in most years as far as I know. It requires a specific piece of plastic tubing to work right, including the correct rubber elbows. The earliest Renix 4.0's had sharply curved elbows, and the replacements have a gentler curve, said to improve breathing.

Pre-97 MAP sensor is on firewall, with a vacuum line going to it. On Renix models this line goes to the throttle body with a double-nipple fitting, of which one nipple is "blind." On 91-96 the line goes to the manifold. At some point, I think 97 but I may be wrong, this changed and MAP sensor is mounted at or near throttle body with no separate line.

As a rule, year and model info from the start will get you much better input.

Back