• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

guess this is my new area

Fullsizexj

NAXJA Forum User
I guess I am not in the Socal chapter anymore since I moved to West Virginia, what's going on out in this area

Porboly not but I hope to get things kicked up around here...The main thing is getting rady for the Cherokee Crawl @ Tellico and getting a few runs up to Windrock so we can have an event there next year.

So what is the schedual for those, or do we need to get something worked up, I need to get some wheelin in and new areas are always fun to explore

Tellico will be July 7-9
Also there will be a Swap Meet at Crawfords Camp (Tellico) May 14

Also have a local group going to Tellico April 30 week.
Looking at maybe doing Windrock of April

Just got tired of paying too much for too little in California, My wifes family is in this area and everytime we would come back to visit I liked the area more and more. It's a slower pace cheaper to live and no traffic, got really tired of the stop and go crap in Ca

welcome. I am new to site, been more of lurker. Try to find ppl in my area in Ohio with XJ to wheel. I am a florida transplant here. Not as hectic as Cali, but Orlando can get pretty bad. Commuting down there can be unbearable. Again Welcome!

I am in Milton not far from Marshall University, where about in Ohio are you, gonna be heading to Columbus April 8-10 to work as a recovery vehicle in the WeRock event with my club

I live in Wellsville Ohio. Close to the West Virginia border. About ten minutes from yellow creek,been there a half dozen times but that is it. I really want to start going more places.Hard to go have fun when you wheel your DD...who am i kidding ...i still have fun

we will be heading out to Swiss Mountain next Sunday to goof off, not sure where the area you are talking about is

ok, up by columbus. Three hours from me..
type in wellsville here on the search..there are a few listings.
June there is a BIG Meet and Greet there. You have to be registered on the 4wd.com website,but check it out.

Fullsizexj said:
we will be heading out to Swiss Mountain next Sunday to goof off, not sure where the area you are talking about is
Good trails, check out mountianeer off road (I think thats it) they are the local club up your way, nice guys. They put on a childrens charity ride every July 4th, awesome ride. You can put that "grippy socal crawling" out of your system and get ready to spend some quality time with your right foot and gas pedal...lol. Members of my local club in NC wheel a couple of times a month @ Tellico, Windrock, Crackers Neck,Robbinsville etc... I'll give you a shout next time we head out if you're interested. Greg

Welcome Fullsizexj, If you ever get a chance, come visit one of the new off road parks in the Morehead, KY area. You more than likely came thru on I-64 on your way to Milton. Here is a link to the park http://www.kyorvpark.com Guys that own the park are from northern ky, they own and operate an offroad shop there in Alexandria. Welcome to the Appalachian Mts.

NAXJA member #579

BIGWOODY said:
Good trails, check out mountianeer off road (I think thats it) they are the local club up your way, nice guys. They put on a childrens charity ride every July 4th, awesome ride. You can put that "grippy socal crawling" out of your system and get ready to spend some quality time with your right foot and gas pedal...lol. Members of my local club in NC wheel a couple of times a month @ Tellico, Windrock, Crackers Neck,Robbinsville etc... I'll give you a shout next time we head out if you're interested. Greg
That is the club I belong too and also who I am heading out there with, let me know when you are out this way, I will pm you in a little while with something that will interest ya

I will keep it in mind, right now I gotta get some freeze plugs fixed, wouldn't be a big deal but the ones inside the bell housing decided to go. Figures, just my luck, gotta yank the trans to replace a $1.00 worth of parts :rattle:

Back