• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T-case problem

blue95xj

<---- Brrrrrrrr!
I have a 95 xj and the t-case seems like it jumping out of the gear mesh in 4 high but not 4 low it's done it twice now and its concerning me I think it may be the linkage or I was told it could be a bad motor mount. I could really use some advice. I appreciate any input.

blue95xj said:
I have a 95 xj and the t-case seems like it jumping out of the gear mesh in 4 high but not 4 low it's done it twice now and its concerning me I think it may be the linkage or I was told it could be a bad motor mount. I could really use some advice. I appreciate any input.
well, you have to go under and see if the tranny mount (rubber thing on the crossmember) looks "collapsed", look in the engine bay at the front engine mounts and see if they're not falling appart on you, and look at the linkage and see if there is slop in it or looseness in the gromets.

Back