• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Special licence plate bracket 2000 Classic?

rumblebelly

NAXJA Forum User
Silly question:

Just bought a 2000 Classic and it didn't come with a licence plate bracket. In addition, the holes that would mount a bracket or plate are up on the bottom side of the indention of the bumper which means the screws for the bracket would be facing down towards the ground. This is different from the Sports or older models that I've seen (I've been going around parking lots, looking for the same set up...looking suspicious as usual).

Where in tarnation can I find the right bracket?

Are we talking front or back ? Is Co one of those states that subsidizes prisons by making two of every plate :D I got my front bracket from my 98 around someplace, found it stuffed under my back seat when I bought it new...couple that with being a pack rat.

I'd like to see some pics or even meet up somewhere if you can't figure it out. We're having a CO Chapter meeting in March and I think we're due to have it "up north" anyway...

bustednutz said:
The back license plate bolts to the tailgate. Do you have a spare tire carrier on the back of it or something?
Yeah, this sounds wierd. The front plate bracket mounts to the bottom of the bumper with 2 bolts (so you don't see any holes if you remove it), the rear plate bolts to the center of the tailgate.
Is it possible your rear bumper was replaced with a front at some point? :dunno:

rumblebelly said:
I'm talking about the back. It's just a real weird set up. Looks like I'll just go to the dealer. I found out I have a couple of recalls anyway. Thanks!!!!

I mean the the front! Sorry, obviously not thinking clearly. The dealer says it costs around $40!!! ...for a piece of right angled plastic? Ridiculous!

Yucca-Man said:
I'd like to see some pics or even meet up somewhere if you can't figure it out. We're having a CO Chapter meeting in March and I think we're due to have it "up north" anyway...

Yucca-Man, what type of group is this?

CO Chapter of NAXJA.

The front bracket is a pretty simple chunk of plastic; let me look at mine tonight and if it won't fit my front bumper I'll let you have it - donations of Fat Tire are optional ;)

rumblebelly said:
I mean the the front! Sorry, obviously not thinking clearly. The dealer says it costs around $40!!! ...for a piece of right angled plastic? Ridiculous!

Sounds about right. I was quoted any where from $32-45 depending on what dealership I called in town.

I'm going to try the universal bracket from Napa, has a bajillion holes in it to fit a number of things. I almost had a stroke when I heard the prices for those things from the dealer....lol.

Sounds like the same set-up on mine, with the screw holes.

Yucca-Man said:
CO Chapter of NAXJA.

The front bracket is a pretty simple chunk of plastic; let me look at mine tonight and if it won't fit my front bumper I'll let you have it - donations of Fat Tire are optional ;)

Ever tried that Biere de Mars?....mmmm mmmm goodness.

99XJSPORT06 said:
Sounds about right. I was quoted any where from $32-45 depending on what dealership I called in town.

Okay...

If they get $45 at the dealer for that crappy piece of recycled polyethylene... then I'd better get mine on eBay, pronto!!

Proud to be from a One Plate State...

Den, PA

Back