• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

guy with rhino exterior

XJawgi

NAXJA Forum User
Hey i remember seeing an xj with the complete exterior done in rhino lining....is this guy here or does anyone know who im talking about....im interested in doing something similar and was wondering who did it/how much did it cost.
Thanks

XJawgi said:
Hey i remember seeing an xj with the complete exterior done in rhino lining....is this guy here or does anyone know who im talking about....im interested in doing something similar and was wondering who did it/how much did it cost.
Thanks

I did this and shaved .6 off my 1/8 mile times.
Rawk Chawk Jayhawk.

we did it to our beater jeep

the good sides of it, dont gotta worry about sratches, if we have it out in town and get in a fight i can run someones face down the side of it

the down sides...it faded and now 3/4 of it is yellow and the rest is black, the hood looks like gater skin

I have seen a CJ with rhino lining, but it wasnt rhino lining it was something else from autozone he applied himself, but its just as durable, and much cheaper

i think im gonna do it. Just the bottem half. I was gonna sell my jeep, but im gonna stroke it and rhino line it, that way i know it will be durable, and i wont have to lift another one.

Anyone have any pics of the rigs with the rhino lining on em?

Grant rhino lined his jeep about 3 or 4 years ago.

wescam said:
This guy on jeepforum just did his whole XJ and posted a ton of pics

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141772

Looks so 'old school' as they say on the hot rod shows lately....One of the guys that used to be here from NJ a few years ago was a durabak rep and did his XJ in yellow I think. He might have just done the bottom half but it seemed to start a trend and a bunch of people tried it to cover the rockers and door bottoms. Might have even have been back when the old forum was running....

Herculese! Herculese! Herculese!

Don't know if I have the spelling correct? But that thread had me CRYING!!!

:roll:

Another downside I have noticed (I have a friend that did the Rhino ext) is that dents cause problems sometimes. They don't pop back out very well, and if the paint cracks under the liner, you get bubbles that look really bad. To each his own. I have it on the inside of my CJ and I love it. It will be in the XJ when the carpet wears out.

Back