• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

c4x4 bumper - can it lock open?

basalt51

NAXJA Member #761
Can you lock open the C4x4 tire carrier? Any other carriers?

i bet i could lock open mine that i built, but i don't know any company that makes 1, u can ask them if they will custom make you one, it may not be worth the money though, why do u need it, mine with a 33 on it holds open on its own
jimmy

I know the BPI carrier has a pin that secures the carrier open. I'm just wondering if the c4x4 has a similar "device" to keep it from swinging around. And for those of you about to suggest it - I don't want to use a bungie cord :)

I work out of the back of my XJ all the time and having the tire always swinging open or closed or half way, whatever the case may be, would be a pain in the ass. If I'm on a side hill, I want to be able to keep the tire out of my way.

The C4X4 does not have a latch to secure it in the open position. I've been thinking about adding one to mine and will probably just use a marine grade (stainless steel) hasp.

When BillR and I were out wheeling the other weekend, he was parked sideways on an incline, and his C4x4 held open about 3/4 of the way just fine. Unless you are getting into the back of your Jeep on a downhill grade, then you shouldnt have a problem, but even then you could open it all the way and let it sit like that.

Fergie

PS- my C4x4 combo is in the mail soon...backordered a bit.

Back