• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No Flashers,directionals Or Brake Lights

PAULIE710

NAXJA Forum User
RECENTLY BOUGHT A 95 CHEROKEE SPORT...I HAVE NO DIRECTIONALS NOR FLASHERS.....CHECKED ALL FUSES ETC...ALL GOOD.....ALSO CHANGED BLUE FLASHER IN THE RELAY CENTER UNDER THE STEERING COLUMN....AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE???? BRAKE LIGHTS DONT WORK EITHER.....BUT I THINK THATS ANOTHER PROBLEM....PLEASE HELP!!!!

Check the fuses again. I lost the directionals on an '88 MJ. Fuse looked good, but on close inspection the tabs had enough surface oxidation that they weren't making contact in the fuse panel. Scraped 'em clean with a knife blade and that was the end of the problem. Naturally, I didn't figure that out until after I had tried two different replacement flashers and bought a set of el cheapo clearance lights I was going to use as directionals to get me through the winter.

Check the break light switch on the break pedal. A trashed connector on it killed mine. I didn't know until someone pulled up next to me and told me. I check all my lights religiously now.

well......I found the problem.....a friend of mine was able to get me a wiring diagram....turns out...a wire was broken...in the relay center under the hood (black with white tracer) turns out that wire feeds the flashers and the brake light switch....from the fuse.....Thanks to all that replied............

Back