• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pontiac V-8

90KrawlerXJ

NAXJA Member #1067
I got a killer deal on a 1970 400 cu in Pontiac($100). Only a 2 bolt main, but I plan to build it anyway. I figure the stronger Pontiac mains can take the 400+HP and 500 ftlb of torque. Anyone know if this uses standard Chevy engine mounts? If not, how can I adapt the motor?

i'd give advanced adapters a call, they should have everything you need

I love pontiacs but if you going to try to use this in an xj, I'd seriously consider selling it and try another engine. There're wider and heavier than sbc. They use a buick,olds,pontiac bellhousing pattern so youwould have to use a adapter or swap in a th350 or th400 that has had the output shaft changed for a 4wd. No th350 0r th400 bop trans ever went into a 4wd so I doubt they would have the right spline count. They do have one feature that might help you out. The exhaust point almost staight down, so that may help with exhaust. I'd give aa a call as well. They may be able to help you out but my guess is that if you try this you'll being doing alot of guess work and custom fab work. If you do get this in it'll definetly be cool.

Back