• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pedal cover replacements?

Hiaboo

NAXJA Forum User
Well, here's the thing, I've been looking for a replacement for the brake and the skinny pedal covers... I dont want the OEM ones, as every time my shoe's wet, they have a HIGH tedency to slip off at the wrong times. So, I've been thinkin of aftermarket ones, but preferably ones with studs so if any of you know where I could pick up a set, would be cool. thanks.

Funny, I just came from AutoZone and looked at some. Most were of the light up variety, but they did have one set there for a standard that were just plain metal with holes, the holes having raised edges. They were not aluminum, something else, forget now. They were $19.9?. Have the same problem so I was looking to see what they had while I was picking up some rear brake cyls. Only thing I didn't like was the fact that they seemed to clamp on. I wonder if the clamps could be removed and flat head stainless bolts used instead, right through the original metal pedal. Also thought about some small pieces of aluminum diamond plate secured with small bolts.

Yeah.. The ones at autozone isn't the type I'm lookin for tho.. Yes they do have raised edges, but no. Also as you said, grizzley.. its clip on.. But, I'm looking for literal studs.. not "raised" edges. Maybe I'll get something. a thought is like those footrests you see on dirtbikes sometimes, and BMX bikes.. soemthing like that.

Heres a thought, get yourself some sheet metal screws. Maybe 1/4 inchers.
Take off the pedal pads, flip them over and place the screws through the bottom so the very tips are pointing up through the top surface where you place your feet.
Should give some extra grip.

Back