• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone using these tow hooks?

The brackets look really similar to the Rusty's brackets I used to run. They mount in the same locations. The hooks look a little cheesy but you can get hooks with a retainer clip for not too much. The price is right though. I never had any problems pulling with the Rusty's brackets.

Very thorough kit, looks good to me. Includes the interior angles and lateral braces that some of the other kits seem to lack. Where was this guy when I bought the Mopar junk several years ago?

They look like C4x4, Rusty's isn't that complete. It doesn't have the crossmember brace like the first picture has. The second one looks like they're missing the crossmember brace.

*EDIT* after taking another look, the first ones are the same design as C4X4 but different hooks, and the braces look a lot narrower.

Those hooks look nice, they do come with more than most kits, and I agree they are funny lookin hooks. But definately looks like a good deal.

I used to have Rusty's brackets, they were not 1/4". Looked like 1/8" or maybe 3/16". But this was several years ago. They worked good pulling strait but got destroyed when pulling at an angle.

Maybe he changed the design, but mine wern't strong enough for me. Anyone know for sure that he changed them to 1/4"? wouldnt doubt it.

This was the only product from Rusty's that I havn't been satisfied with, FYI, out of many Rusty's products.

:yap:

I've since fabbed 1/4" hook bracket/bumper mounts. These havn't bent, although they have a 1/4" bumper tieing them togather :D

Last edited:
He didn't change the design, and the reason why Rusy's hooks bend when pulling on an angle is because his kit doesn't include the crossmember brackets that C4x4's does. Rusty's kit only has brackets that mount parallel to the side of the unibody, not across the front. I've seen a lot of people bend his hooks and it's not because of poor design, but just the fact that Rusty is either to cheap or too lazy to fab brackets that mount to the crossmember.

Back